Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Our aim is for children to have a love of learning through the development and use of a creative curriculum which leads them to valuing their education and achievements. Through the use of engaging teaching methods and resources, such as learning through play and the outdoors, children will be happy to learn and have positive attitudes towards learning, building a foundation for their future.
Learning in a safe and happy environment, children will develop independence and life skills. School will be a safe place to take risks and children will have opportunities to develop their enquiring minds. The school community will ensure that everyone is valued and respected. Each has a role to play in setting and maintaining high standards and expectations of behaviour. Effective links with families and the community will continually develop in order to build on and maintain the good reputation of the school.
We believe that this aim will be achieved through;
- An environment where every child is known well by the staff and supported through positive communication, support and guidance.
- Curriculum experiences which reflect or stimulate the interests of the child and uses practical or play based activities wherever possible.
- Using the school environment and local facilities to ensure that the children develop a sense of belonging to the community and enjoyment of learning outdoors.
- High expectations in relation to behaviour and attitudes to learning and progress.
- Effective relationships with children's families and appreciating the role that everyone plays in the development of the child.
Through working together we can achieve this aim and ensure that every child attending our school develops and flourishes during their time with us. We look forward to working with you and your child.
Our school has a positive ethos based on traditional values where everyone is respected and supported to develop. The social, moral, cultural and spiritual aspects of learning are present across the curriculum and are also promoted through school assemblies.
We are in the process of developing our curriculum to further reflect our school ethos based on the recognition and development of the following values;
- Good manners
- Care for the environment
- Positive attitudes
- Team work
Our whole-school Golden Rules were developed with input from all of the children in the school. The Golden Rules are displayed in every class and around the school. We always aim to communicate to the children the behavior that we want to see. Praise and rewards are given for children following the Golden Rules.
Our Golden Rules
- Always try your best
- Use kind words and remember to say please and thank you
- Be kind and helpful to everyone in the school
- Listen to the adults and do what they tell you
- Look after the toys and equipment
- Always use quiet voices (in school)
- Use walking feet (in school)