Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils.
Whole School Values
- Good manners
- Care for the environment
- Positive attitudes
- Team work
Our aim is for children to love learning. We use a creative curriculum, play-based learning, rich resources, the outdoors and empowering teaching methods to engage learners. Combined with our focus on developing emotional literacy and self-awareness, our children foster curiosity in everything they do.
Learning in a safe, calm environment, our children develop independence and life skills. Bowlish Infant School a safe place where risk-taking is a learning process and everyone is valued and respected.
Every member of our community has a role to play in maintaining our high standards and expectations.
Effective links with families and the community will continually develop in order to build on and maintain the good reputation of the school.
We believe that this aim will be achieved through;
- An environment where every child is known well by the staff and supported through positive communication, support and guidance.
- Curriculum experiences which reflect or stimulate the interests of the child and uses practical or play based activities wherever possible.
- Using the school environment and local facilities to ensure that the children develop a sense of belonging to the community and enjoyment of learning outdoors.
- High expectations in relation to behaviour, attitudes to learning and progress.
- Effective relationships with children's families and appreciating the role that everyone plays in the development of the child.
Through working together we can achieve this aim and ensure that every child attending our school flourishes during their time with us.