Bowlish Infant School is committed to the safeguarding of all its pupils and believe that safeguarding children is everyone's responsibility.
If you have a concern about a child, you must report it to:
Miss Eldred - Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Lloyd - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Spencer - Deputy Safeguarding Lead
To provide safety at our school:
- all staff members and governors have had a Criminal Records Bureau check (CRB) or a DBS Check.
- all volunteers at the school and visitors to the school who lead activities with the children are also DBS cleared.
- every member of the school community has a role to play in keeping children safe and ensuring that any concerns are shared.
- members of staff and Governors attend regular training in relation to the safeguarding of pupils.
- volunteers and students are also informed of their responsibilities and the protocol to follow to safeguard pupils.
- a safeguarding policy is reviewed annually and a signed copy can be requested from the school office.
- we have an allocated Safeguarding Governor, Ms Johnson.